Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Solving a Traffic Jam - Jerusalem

I don't have a picture for this one, but I must tell the story...

We arrived in Jerusalem after dark this evening. For the bus to get into the hotel, we had to circle the block to get the right approach. While we were circling the hotel, we proceeded down a narrow street that had a bend in it. The large tour bus could not go around the bend because a couple of cars were parked away from the curb making it impossible for the bus to pass. Our tour guide (Steve) mentioned that in the Army they would have just picked up the cars and moved them. Within a couple of minutes, the bus was empty and the guys on the bus (yours truly included) picked up the cars and moved them to the side of the road. There was cheering in the streets, especially since we had caused quite a traffic jam. One Jewish man that was passing at the time said, “I've never seen anything like this happen in Jerusalem before!”

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Hey John - if I knew you'd be lifting cars in Jew-rusalem, I would have forced you to get Aflac's accident policy before you left (it'll cover you worldwide).

I've really been enjoying the posts, but admittedly there's been a growing anticipation within on posts coming from Jerusalem, and I'm sure there's even a greater fever pitch over there with you.

Blessings,
Taylor