Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Floaters in The Dead Sea

Have you ever seen a floater in the Dead Sea like this one?

I was truly amazed when we jumped into the Dead Sea and simply "bobbed" in the water. As you can see in the picture, my hands and feet are above the water and I'm not doing anything. The Dead Sea is about a 33% salt solution (compared to about 3% for the ocean). I actually sat in the water for over an hour without exerting myself at all. This is definitely something you have to experience, because this weak explanation doesn't do it justice.

The Sea of Galilee and the Dead Sea are great examples for our lives as well. The body of water that has water flowing through it is clean, vibrant, and full of life. The body of water that takes on fresh water, but does nothing with it becomes stagnant and dead. We have all been challenged on this trip to be more like the Sea of Galilee than the Dead Sea.

No comments: